- Tour Brisbane Town Hall…Take a tour of the newly renovated Brisbane City Hall. At the top of the clock tower you’ll discover the colorful history of the building.
- Visit the Museum at the Town Hall and Art Gallery..free
- Tour to the Clock Tower…every 15 minutes and the view is amazing
- Explore the sculptures in King George Square and read the History
Public Art Trails – Brisbane City Council
- Walk the 15 kilometer circuit along the Brisbane River, starting off at South Bank and finishing in New Farm. Pack $20 to refuel with a few snacks en route at Riverbar and Kitchen.
Take a free Brisbane Greeters Tour and discover the city’s hidden stories and art trails.Soak up some rays and cool off with a free dip at Streets Beach in South Bank.
- Visit the Casino
- Visit Treasury House and Have High Tea on Saturday and Sundays between 3 and 5PM cost $45
- Strap on a harness, Madonna microphone and scale the Story Bridge with Story Bridge Adventure Climb. Did you know it’s one of the only bridges in the world you can abseil down? From the top you’ll have a bird’s eye view over the river out to Moreton Bay, down to the Gold Coast and out to the Scenic Rim.
- Fork out $2 for a casual subscription to hire a City Cycle and pedal your way around Brisbane city. You’ve got 30 minutes to clock the bike back in.
11. Discover Brisbane from the water by kayaking the mighty serpent with Riverlife.
- 22. Add a dash of culture to your champagne on Friday night with Up Late at QAGOMA.
23. Have a flutter trackside at Eagle Farm or Doomben Racecourse.
24. Hike (or drive) to the top of Mt Coot-tha to watch the sun set over Brisbane. Then chew with a view at the Summit Restaurant.
- Jump on a ferry and cruise your way around Moreton Bay – take a bike with you and cycle around the islands..McLeay, Lamb, Karragarra and Russell island. Check the ferries which leave from Redland Bay
- Take a hike through the glorious forests at the aptly named Mt Glorious. Make a pit stop at Mt Glorious Restaurant and Café and do as Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom did – snack against the backdrop of Moreton Bay.
- Lone Pine Sanctuary…see the Koalas and other Australian Animals. Take bus from city or do a day tour with Mirramar Cruise Tours to the Sanctuary
25. Secure seats to watch the Australian cricket team whack a six at the ‘Gabba.
- Get out of your comfort zone with a circus training session with Circa. In 20 minutes you’ll be an expert in (basic) acrobatics. http://www.flipsidecircus.org.au/
52. Put some dirt on your wheels and 4WD ‘Straddie’. If you don’t have your own 4WD, let Barefoot Dave show you around.
Discover the convict past of Brisbane at St Helena Island, Queensland’s foremost maximum security prison.
- Book a free tour with a Brisbane Greeter….
Support up-and-coming comedians with free shows at the Brisbane Powerhouse every Sunday.
- Visit the Churches and cathedrals along Ann Street
- Cruise the length of the Brisbane River on a City Cat and see the University of Queensland, The Regatta Hotel, South Bank and the CBD from the water. If you’ve got a smartphone, fire up a City Cat Tour App for a free audio tour
60. Soar to great heights on the Wheel of Brisbane and see the city in from 60 meters above it.
61. All aboard the Kookaburra River Queens for a paddlewheel ride up and down the river. You’ll be greeted by Captain Col the Accordian player – and his magnificent handlebar moustache.
- Climb aboard the historic warship HMAS Diamantina at the Queensland Maritime Museum. While you’re there, check out Jessica Watson’s Pink Lady in full repose.
- Hob nob with society and pop along to the annual open day at Government House for a guided tour through the formal gardens. Bring a picnic, throw down a rug and enjoy the free musical entertainment.
74. Watch the universe come to life star gazing at the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium.
75. Sleep in the same bed Rod Stewart, the Queen and Taylor Swift did at the Stamford Plaza Hotel.
76. Dive into Brisbane’s history with a dip at the Spring Hill Baths. This little beauty was built in 1886 as Brisbane’s first in-ground pool and the quaint colourful change rooms on the pool’s edge are a nod to a time gone by.
- Visit the Commissariat Building which is also the Historical Museum
- See the Mansions across the road
- Visit Queensland University and walk through the gardens and explore the Technology at the Cube at QUT
- Explore Queen Street Arcade
- Discover the History at Burnett Arcade
- . Plummet 12,000 feet to earth and Brisbane’s best beach, Suttons Beach with Redcliffe City Skydiving.
88. Grab a midnight dumpling at Brunswick Social and keep dancing all night long.
89. Gear up for a scenic ride, with Brisbane Bike Tours. They run three tours that showcase the beauty of the river city.
- Pick up a yellow bike…you can ride to a location…and leave your bike and walk to the next point and take another bike
- Travel the free city Flyer and tour the city circle
- Free travel on the Red city boat on the river….do the round trip…maps are available from the information centre in Queen Street and also at Southbank…opposite the markets and swimming pool
- Walk the Flowered Ardor planted with purple bougainvillea to the Southbank Markets
- Walk the Goodwill Bridge to Southbank….lunch or have a beer at The Plough
- Visit the Nepalese Peace Temple at Southbank..The Nepal Peace Pagoda in South Bank Parklands … in Munich and Osaka, and is a close copy of Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu
- Rest on a free recliner chair on the gardens and take in the view…enjoy a free barbecue if you have something to cook..stroll the gardens..
- Enjoy the Epicurious Gardens at Southbank..
- Explore Old Government House…
- Visit the Information Centre at Southbank for tours….dolphins, whales at Hervey Bay, river tours, walking tours,
- Visit Roma Street Parklands...Roma Street Parkland covers 16 hectares in the centre of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. The Roma Street Parkland is adjacent to Brisbane Transit Centre
- Go to jail without committing a crime with a Boggo Road Gaol Historical Tour.
Visit William Jolly Bridge..The William Jolly Bridge is a heritage-listed vehicular and pedestrian bridge over the Brisbane River in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
You must be logged in to post a comment.