The Rain was continuous, so I decided to return to Fairview where I could stay safe until it was time to work again. I got as far as Laura and could not get over the river. Staff from Fairview had already spent 2 days here waiting for the river to subside. The water was 4.8 Metres over the bridge. Nobody could drive over this.
I stayed at The Laura Motel for 3 nights, and still the river was flooded and there was no sign of it subsiding. I decided to attempt the drive to Cairns to fill in time instead of waiting here, so off to Cairns I went.
You must be logged in to post a comment.